Monday, April 14, 2014

Shading Makes the Difference

I actually drew this garden about a year ago and posted it then. I pretty much hated to shade anything and rarely ever made the effort. Last week I went to a class taught by Meredith Yuhas, one of our CZTs, and Meredith taught us a quick way of shading that I really locked on to. Last night I pulled this picture back out and tried out some of the new things we learned.
You know that old saying what a difference a day makes? Well, I can pretty much attest to that! In fact, Meredith taught us how to shade and highlight this whole thing and it took me about 5 minutes tops.  In fact, I was so impressed with the difference that I photoshopped a collage of the two - - -
- - - for comparison purposes. So, when in doubt, think about this little experiment of mine and pull out those graphites, and white pens, and get busy. Thanks, Meredith! You are the bomb! For sure.
The Creator's Leaf

4 comments:

  1. That is a striking difference - wish I was closer & could come to one of your classes to learn how, 5 mins to shade all that is incredible.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish we lived closer, too, paula, we could have such fun drawing together!

      Delete
  2. What a difference. I am new at doing zentangles so haven't got to shading yet. Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to doing shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bonnie, shading has never been my friend. until now. use a pencil/graphite and a white charcoal pencil. do dark on one side, light on the other, and use 2 tortillions to smudge. and you're good to go :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).