Friday, August 16, 2013

'The Beauty of Zentangle' Coming Soon - And I Am in the Book!

From Design Originals, new book The Beauty of Zentangle  is set to be released in September. 

Zentangle® is a relaxing and fun way to create beautiful artwork by simply drawing structured patterns - one stroke at a time. (This comprises the largest part of the art you see on my blog.) 

Quoting from the  publisher's web page: 

This invitation-only collection of the very best Zentangle-inspired art includes stunning masterpieces from breakthrough artists and CZTs. (Check it out. They called me a 'breakthrough artist".) Their inventive tangles are at the forefront of a new wave of creative expression and personal freedom. 

Artists from around the world will be featured, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Peru, South Africa, Taiwan, the United States, and the United Kingdom. I can not even tell you how honored I am that Suzanne McNeill and Cindy Shepard invited me to join in on this project! Humbled and honored. 

Below is a preview of what to expect in the book, including a list of all the artists. (Double click image to go to full-screen.)

I can not wait to see the book in person! You can pre-order your copy here. Design Originals, Suzanne, Cindy, thank you so much!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you, paula! i can't wait! and there are going to be a bunch of new patterns!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Congrats Alice--that's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Well deserved! I love your work and so enjoy getting the emails telling me there is a new post here!
    Congrats again!
    All the best,
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, susan! i am so excited to see everyone's work :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).