Monday, February 4, 2013

Made in the Shade

I got this awesome package in the mail today! I've been waiting for it to arrive for a few days. Lots of excitement - I couldn't wait to look at page 104!
You see, the author of this new book, Made in the Shade, is one of our CZTs. Cris Letourneau put a message on facebook some time back that she was looking for tile samples that showed shading, and also tiles with no shading. I sent Cris a couple samples of my work.
Totally didn't know what to expect, but I was hopeful that she'd like one of my tile enough to include it in her new book.
When Cris' book was released, I was able to look at a few pages of it on amazon.com and was happy to see my name in the list of contributing artists! On page 104. Along with Margaret Bremner - geesh! no pressure already. Margaret's like the best there is! And Jane MacKugler ain't no lighweight! My first time in print - thank you, Cris Letourneau! You rock in amazing proportions! (And your book is pretty fine, too!)

So. You've gotten your feet wet with zentangle. You want to take your art to the next level. You should seriously pick up a copy of Cris' book called Made in the Shade. It's a workbook type book that will teach you various methods and means of shading to bring more depth and dimension to your tangles. You are going to love it! And you should totally check out page 104 (especially Margaret and Jane's tiles!)

The Creator's Leaf

2 comments:

  1. wooooowhoooo!!! you're published now....how exciting.... i can tell people i know you know....LOL

    blessings,
    Cynthia♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...... going to have to save for this little book........but very drawn (oops) to it.
    Hope you have an improved day!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).