Sunday, November 4, 2012

God's Sonrise - APR #34

just add water silly's blog hop link

I haven't been able to participate in the Artist's Play Room challenge in a while. Jenn puts this wonderful challenge together each week and this particular week's theme is sunset. We are allowed to take our own spin on the theme, so I am slightly altering it to sunrise. More specifically Sonrise. 

In another lifetime I had an online scrapbook store - Scrap Attack -  and I made a lot of paperpieces. This was one of my favorite pieces to make! All hand-torn from cardstock (except for the three crosses) and layered. Because of the hand-tearing, every finished piece looked different. Typically I would print the wording onto vellum and do an overlay, but for this challenge I added the wording in photoshop. Please head over to the Artist's Play Room to see all the sunset themed artwork. Feel free to enter your very own sunset for us to enjoy! Thanks for this fun challenge, Jenn, it brought back some really great memories for me!


The Creator's Leaf

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you, teri! i really miss doing this kind of work. i need to get back to it :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you've got home safely. This is really an interesting concept - I've not come across a whole design with paper piecing quite in this manner before. Very striking & arresting - makes one think.
    Paula (PEP)
    PS - think you may have a duplicate - apologies if you do - seem to have lots of ether trouble with vanishings into it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly beautiful. The colours are stunning :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, I love the methods ypu have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a simple technique - but a stunning result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunset colors and collage - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful in theme, and color. I love the paper tearing idea, and as you say, each tear is unique like we are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just beautiful, I can't believe how gorgeous ripped paper looks layered expertly. THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks beautiful...the layers and the textures add to the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, I love the texture that you get from the torn paper. Great colours.
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work! I love the subject & all the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is simply lovely... love the effect of the torn paper... I thought it had been quilted at first ... amazing layers...xx

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).