Thursday, October 4, 2012

Roses

just add water silly's blog hop link
Inspiration Avenue Challenge Link
The Artist's Play Room challenge this week is botanical. Inspiration Avenue's challenge is roses. Wonderful that they work together so well! I already had this background - watercolored ATC card - that I made when we were vacationing at Cedar Key. Drew this at almost 2 AM this morning, so the lines aren't as neat as I'd like them to be, but I'm posting it anyway. I used a couple new patterns - new to me. Overall I am happy with the tile, next time I won't draw at 2 AM. Why don't you check out these challenges and post some  of your drawings?
The Creator's Leaf

18 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love that rose pattern with the leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ist time i've tried it - i like the way it turned out - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the patterns you've used and the splashes of colour. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! it was fun - i love playing with color!

      Delete
  3. I really like the rose pattern, the cascading leaves & the swag! The background is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The soft background is perfect for the line drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i was trying to see if i could make the patterns work with the color patterns. i am glad to hear that it worked :)

      Delete
  5. Beautifully detailed line drawing...well done, Alice...even at 2AM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! 2 AM gets here faster than i'd like it to sometimes :)

      Delete
  6. this is sweet and very inspiring too. I love how things support and encourage each other. hope you got to sleep in after drawing at 2AM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! 2 AM - at least the house is quiet then - haha! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This is a very pretty image. Thank you for participating in this week's challenge at IA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, lou anne! i love looking at everyone's art here on IA!

      Delete
  8. What a creative and interesting zentangle. Love it. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, jenn! i look forward to your challenge every week!

      Delete
  9. Very lovely design and a lot of work for 2AM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry I am so late for APR this week... but glad I got here in the end so I can see this lovely line work... at 2 am!!!! impressive... mine would look like a two year old had done it if I did it at 2 am...xx

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).